Monday, January 11, 2010

Empty Room

Yesterday I walked into my dorm and was immediately hit with two overwhelming emotions.

The first was that I don't have a new roommate...yay!

I think?

I was happy that I didn't have to meet anyone new or have to get into the swing of things with everything in that circumstance. But I also didn't want to come home to an empty room.
But I did.

Hence my second emotion which was how much I missed my old roommate. I could not have asked for a better freshman experience and a huge part of that was due to randomly being paired with the best roommate anyone could ask for. She became one of my best friends and part of my PSU family.

I'm so glad to be back, especially since I'm with my best friend/hubby, but I feel bad when I have such a depressed attitude with everything. I'm not good with change. And that's what this entire semester (at least the beginning of it) is all about.

How unfortunate.

I guess it will make me stronger and all that....blah, blah, blah. But I feel like I'm emotionally unstable and that I can't deal with this. I legit just am in my room looking at my roommate's completely empty side and it physically hurts. Our room used to have so much more color and personality and now half of it is just empty.

Definitely more of a rant than anything, but its ok. Life will go on.

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Speak.