Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Men

Lately I've realized that most of the people I hang out with are guys and I've been learning a lot about their reactions and just how they function overall. All of it is intriguing to me because I grew up with one man in my family, and no nearby extended family to be surrounded by.

In this blog, I am not bashing men, nor am I putting women on a pedastal (because in all honesty, I don't like them, but that's another day). Just keep that in mind. And I'm not trying to be creepy.

Anyway, I've caught myself just watching and listening to them sometimes and I learn so much about the male "race". The main thing I saw was that when they are around each other just hanging out, they don't worry about anything. And that's of course being general, and not to say that they aren't worrying about something. But they can totally push their worrying aside when they're with their friends, as opposed to females who gossip and talk about who said what to who. And that, when you think about it, can lead to a lot of subconscious stress. Men do gossip. A lot actually. But they let it go and don't drag it around with them all the time. Which I think allows them a certain kind of freedom that women don't take for themselves.

I have also noticed that they never talk about their feelings with each other unless it's "Dude, I was so pissed off" or something along those lines. I know men tend to be less emotional than women, but what's the purpose of that? Is it because it's not "manly" or because if they do talk about it they become vulnerable? Interestingly enough, they're not as hesitant to talk about their emotions with females. I don't know if that's a tactic to earn trust or just to humor them, but if guys are, in fact, being genuine, then aren't they showing the same vulnerability. A lot of times people will talk about how girls dress to impress girls, not guys; I'm wondering, is this the same kind of situation where guys feel the need to seem more masculine in front of other guys and not so much in front of girls? I know that the majority of my guy friends are actually really sensitive and I guess I just wonder why they hide that.

Another random and little thing that they do is to almost never apologize to each other. It's funny because I see that they'll apologize to me sometimes and just be like "Aww I'm sorry" even if I'm not upset about something, but they don't do it amongst each other. I guess that's just part of letting things go right? Not related to this mannerism, I think all guys secretly (or not) want to be the "alpha male". Which might be true for both genders-that they want to be powerful in terms of gender.

Whatever, I know I'll continue paying attention to how they sit, walk, speak, stand, react, and everything else. I think by learning how men act, I can better relate to them, or at least understand why they do what they do sometimes, and I'll be less likely to be pissed at something they did. I feel confident in this method, because right now, I feel clueless.

Kbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Speak.