Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Girliest Rant Ever


I feel the need to blog about this one. Or rant about it. Like I said before, if you don't like how I "blog", then don't read.



So friendships are crucial. In all of life. I don't understand how people can get through any part of life without having friends. Goodness. I wish people understood the value of it, too. Because I know a lot of people just take friends for granted. Which sucks like no other. Really stop and think about it. How important are these people to you. If the answer is that they really aren't that significant, then, I'm sorry to say, they're probably not really your friend. The friend vs. aquaintence battle is a tough one, especially when you meet so many people in a certain period of time. One of the main things with friendship is that it's give and take, which teaches you a lot about yourself and other people in general. I have a lot of friends that I know I can go to if I need something, but there are definitely those that I'm closest with and go to for EVERYTHING. I think that's why it's so hard for me to be ok with Tay and Kacie leaving. They are two of the best friends I've ever had and I won't have them automatically next semester. I know they're there for me if I need anything and I know if I was in a life and death situation that I could count on them, but it's a change. And a comfort thing.


Did you ever notice that people have their own scents? And friends have comfort scents. But now they're gone.


Okay that was me digressing. Back to relationships.


Once again, I must say lucky for me, I have my very best friend with me still. So that relationship is really interesting. I don't even know why I try to explain it to other people, but I do. As much as people called for us to start dating, I really, really doubted it. This semester we just got sooooo close. And it was strictly as friends. I could tell him every single aspect of my life and we were as tight as two people could be without dating. And even closer than some couples are, hence why everyone thought we were together when we weren't. But anyway, when we decided to be together things didn't really even change that much. He's still my best friend, and now my boyfriend, and I've never been this close to anyone in my whole life. Past relationships were like best friends on one side and boyfriend on the other side. But how lucky are you if you and your best friend are actually compatible "like that"? Cause I feel sooooo fortunate to have my best friend be my significant other. It's absolutely amazing. It helps that we were extremely close before any of this happened too. Psh, he knows me for me. Me without makeup, me PMSing, me sad or upset or pissed, me sick, whatever. And he takes me as I am. It's crazy.


Can I just say why boys are awesome? Well first of all they are usually much more attractive than girls. Like with the muscles and man dents and more emotional strength and nice backs and hands and man-wash smell. Okay, don't make fun of me, I'm just explaining, as a girl, why boys make me happy. Well one specific boy, but you know what I mean. And I'm not shallow, really. I think personality can drastically affect how I see a person. If someone is cute but a huge jerk, it makes them extremely unattractive. If someone isn't cute, but has a wonderful personality, it makes them much more attractive than they were before I really met them. Lucky for my boy he's cute and has a good personality...no worries there. And they usually let things go. As a girl sometimes I struggle with it, so compared to the female persona of "whyyyy?" it's just like "ok". End of story. And as much as they might play with you, they generally aren't as sneaky and bitchy as girls are. But sometime you want them to just open up to you and they suppress feelings and that gets frustrating.


...


Alright this is really about to happen...frustrating aspects of coed relationships whether they be friendships or more than friendships (and no babe, none if this is specifically directed towards you). I don't know what it is about most guys, but they really don't have to act tough all the time. Show some sensitivity and emotion sometimes!! And, depending on the girl, show some protectiveness. Or at least remind them that you can take care of them if the need arises. And don't be that one boy who is like "oh she's hot let's see if I can be one more person on her list". If you have morals it's way more appealing. I must admit, the "bad boy" aspect is pretty good, but not if they're like reckless with it and stealing from people or ending up in real trouble somehow. Not cute. And do cute things sometimes. Is it really so hard to do? Why do they tend to leave decisions, both big and small, up to the girls? Part of it is girls want to please them so it makes it a thousand times harder. And they say "I don't care". No!! Care!! Raaaah!!


Basically I'm telling you that boys are better than girls. Yes perhaps some little things are frustrating but overall, the pros out-weigh the cons.


This was the worst blog ever, but a satisfying rant nonetheless.


Take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Speak.